Today is Funspired's 2nd anniversary!
In celebration, we are thrilled to introduce the SWi awards (pronounced "swee") which celebrate people in our community who inspire us with their Style, Wellness, and Impact on the world around them. Every year, we will present three awards in each category. While the recipients that are honored have different characteristics and strengths, one thing they all have in common is that we respect the balance they achieve in their lives. They are happy people who surround themselves with friends and family. We asked them each the same questions, so make sure to click the links to compare all of their interesting answers. Here is the Funspired scoop:
Style SWi's present themselves with confidence and a positive attitude - always look great and make it look effortless - and stay true to a look that is all their own. They inspire authentic style. Our 2013 Style SWi's are...
Mary Nell and her husband Rex
* Mary Nell Lemert - She walks in a room and immediately you sense her presence. Confident, yet graceful. We are inspired by her effortless beauty - she looks just as pretty in her workout clothes as she does in her black tie attire. She is warm and gracious, and in so many ways embodies the "Proverbs 31" woman in our book. Click here to read more about our friend Mary Nell.
* Tom Knapp - This is a guy who is not afraid to take risks in the way he dresses. His style is colorful and energetic just like his personality. And, he always wears it with a big smile and twinkle in his eye. He's a music-loving lawyer who takes great joy in his family and friends. Click here to read more about our friend Tom.
* Jenny Bivins - She's a young beauty who always looks fresh and chic. She's a trendsetter beyond her years, but it's her positive energy, enthusiasm and confidence that sets her apart. She's a senior at Tascosa High School and heading to UT next year. Click here to read more about our friend Jenny.
Wellness SWi's enjoy an active lifestyle - look forward to the next challenge - and strive for health in both mind and body. They inspire us to live well. Our 2013 Wellness SWi's are...
* Sam Price - She inspires us by the way she balances her career, her dedication to fitness and health and her time enjoying friends and family. She is beautiful inside and out and she has a rockin' body from all those early morning workouts. Click here to read more about our friend Sam.
Kyle and his family - wife Ronna, daughter Hallie and son Hayden
* Kyle McAdams - This is a guy who has recently found a passion for his health and his bike. We love his contagious enthusiasm for life. He's a family man with a strong faith, and we can't wait to cheer him on at this year's grueling Leadville 100 bike race. Click here to read more about our friend Kyle.
Ellen and her husband Greg
* Ellen Graham - What impresses most about this woman is that no matter where she is, she always finds a way to get in a workout... and she travels a lot, so this is no easy feat! She's a diva on the tennis court and a machine in spin class, but what we think really makes her "well" is that she surrounds herself with great friends, her precious "Goofy" and always smiling with a tall margarita in hand. Click here to read more about our friend Ellen.
Impact SWi's use their talents to make a difference one person at a time - balance their many roles in life with ease and grace - and give with all their heart. They inspire us to make an impact. Our 2013 Impact SWi's are...
Steve and his two grandsons Four and Joe
* Steve Dalrymple - He is fun family guy who's played many leadership roles in the Amarillo area. We're especially grateful for his recent contribution to the BSA sale and his commitment to the best interests of our community. His leadership style is quiet, effective and always with a sense of humor (click on his link to get a taste of his humor). Click here to read more about our friend Steve.
* Michele Agostini - This gal moved to Amarillo and hit the ground running. She is involved in a little bit of everything, but anything she takes on, she jumps in with all hands and gets the job done well. We're so impressed with her ability to balance her many commitments while still making her family and friends her first priority. Click here to read more about our friend Michele.
* Jason Crespin - This guy inspires us with his incredible energy and enthusiasm for life. He a talented actor, a great friend, and most importantly, a teacher that encourages the youngsters of Amarillo to believe in themselves. He has a special talent for making everyone around him feel like a star. Click here to read more about our friend Jason.
A few of the SWi awards
We gathered our award recipients together for a presentation yesterday evening. We wanted to do something different and special, so we found these small canvases and asked our artist friend Shannon Pierce to interpret the SWi logo into original paintings for each of our honorees. As you can see, she is incredibly talented, and we hope each of our recipients will treasure this award not only for what it represents, but also because it is such a cool piece of art.
Shannon with her precious sons Ben and Will
Artist Bio... Shannon's father was a marine, so she lived all over the world. When her family moved to Lubbock, she remembers looking at the landscape as they landed and being confused - "Where are the trees?" With time, she fell in love with the landscape of the Panhandle, the canyons, the colors, and the sky! Shannon points out that the ground - not only the trees - change color with the seasons.
Shannon married her high school sweetheart and moved to Amarillo. This is home - she loves it here. Shannon and Chad have two sons, Ben and Will, who fill their home with energy and love. Shannon's mother is a trained artist, so she has been around art all of her life. After studying English and History at Texas Tech, she began experimenting with art. Her friends started buying her art and encouraged her to have her first art show in 2003 - and she has had three shows since that time. Shannon's art is contemporary and multi-media. She is in medical sales during the day, artist by night...with the dream of doing art full time someday. We are so grateful to Shannon for sharing her amazing talent - each piece is a treasure that we know all the recipients will enjoy for years to come!
Thank you all for your support of Funspired - and cheers to our SWi recipients - to put it simply... you inspire us.
Your fun friends,
Susan and Farrar