Since it is a festive time of year, we decided that our December top 10 would be our "fantasy... the big dream list." Go big or go home, right?
1. Susan: Hermes Birkin Bag. You put your name on a waiting list at Hermes, it will take up to 6 years to get one. And the French are not giving them away! I want an orange one, s'il vous plait!
2. Farrar: Gulfstream G650 Jet. If I could afford to purchase, maintain and operate this fine piece of machinery, I would travel the world again and again. First stops would be New Zealand for the scenery, Belgium for beer tour of the monasteries, Chile for fly fishing, India for a yoga retreat, Machu Picchu for a little hike and then Bali for some beach-side relaxation.
3. Susan: These earrings are the bomb! Hint, Hint, Santa! At Jo Latham Fine Jewelry in Et Cetera. "Sliced Ice" loops. $25K. I'm worth every penny, honey.
4. Farrar: Louisa McElwain Painting. I promise you this photo does not even come close to doing this painting justice. Louisa captures the heavenly Western skies - full of clouds, storms and sunsets - better than anyone by channeling her connection with God. Next time you are in Santa Fe, stop by Evoke Contemporary gallery (on Lincoln Ave by the Plaza) to see some of her work. Oil on canvas - 50x70 inches - price upon request.
5. Susan: Dream concert in best city ever - Maroon 5 is in concert this summer in Paris on July 2nd. Bonjour, Adam!
6. Farrar: Fly Fishing Ranch in the Rocky Mountains with private water, great lodging, hiking and downhill skiing nearby. This gorgeous ranch near Telluride would be perfect. Only $16.95 million for this year-round mountain retreat.
7. Susan: When not driving carpool or unloading a semi-size load of groceries, this classic Mercedes convertible from 1971 would be pretty sweet. I was born in 1971, so I know it is a great vintage.:)
8. Farrar: Van Clef & Arpels Alhambra Jewelry. I've always adored this classic collection - the hardest part would be deciding which pieces to buy. I love these butterflies and this fun bracelet, but nothing beats this simple beauty.
9. Susan: Our family was just blessed with an amazing trip to Hawaii, and I want to go back asap - and this time to this place: Four Seasons on the Big Island. One word: fabulousnessoverthetopawesomeness.
10. Farrar: I always love the fantasy gifts in the annual Neiman Marcus Christmas Book. Of the offerings this year, I'd probably chose the jet pack or the swanky tailgate trailer.
Your fun friends,
Susan and Farrar