Do you dream of travelling the world? We do! And we each have a bucket list of the top places we would like to visit some day. Fortunately, we have both been on some spectacular trips, but there are always more places to go. We thought it would be fun to share with you the five destinations that are currently at the top of our list. It was really hard to narrow it down to just five... but, here is the Funspired scoop:
Farrar's Around-the-World Bucket List -
1. British Columbia - You'll learn quickly that many (or most) of my dream trips include fly fishing. Rob and I love to fish, especially for trout, and I always say that trout only choose the most beautiful places to live, so it's always worth travelling to them. I would love to take a trip up to Vancouver, enjoy the city for a few days and then head out to do some fishing.
2. Suisse Alps - I love to ski, and I have never been to Switzerland, and it just looks like such a magical place.
3. Chile - Another fishing destination. I'd love to go to Santiago, then go to a few fishing lodges in the Patagonia region, and maybe some sight-seeing on the coast. Wine, trout, and beautiful scenery. What more could you want?
4. Cinque Terre, Italy - So many of my friends have been here and say that it is their favorite place in the world. I love Italy, and the thought of hiking from one fabulous meal to the next with a gorgeous view of the Mediterranean sounds like a dream.
5. Costa Rica - Another recommendation from friends... this tropical paradise is supposed to offer a little bit of everything, especially for an adventure-lover like me. Rafting, hiking and zip-lines in the rainforest AND snorkeling, surfing and relaxing at the beach.
Susan's Around-the-World Bucket List -
1. The Maldives - Set in the Indian Ocean southwest of India, this beach and relaxation destination looks amazing. Known to have what many say are the best beaches in the world, it looks like it would be well worth the long flight to get there!
2. St. Petersburg, Russia and Sweden - Ever since I took some Russian history classes in college I have wanted to go see the winter palace of the Russian royal family in St. Petersburg. My husbands grandmother was from Sweden and we would love to combine the trip to see Sweden as well in one fantastic trip.
3. British Columbia, Canada - I have heard so much about this beautiful part of Canada ever since my husband wanted to go there for our honeymoon. Vancouver is a gateway to this part of Canada. Victoria is known for its rose gardens as well as Banff and Lake Louise are known for the mountain scenery. We have a trip planned to go there this August with our children, grandparents and cousins and I can not wait!
4. South Africa - This seems to be such a special place with a rare mix of modern development, African culture, outdoor attractions and the untamed wildlife that we all want to see on a trip to Africa. With the wild African bush at its back door, I want to go on safari and also see what makes Africa so unforgettable.
5. Istanbul - The layers of history surrounding this part of the world fascinates me. Istanbul is where Asian and European continents meet and offers such diversity in this cultural melting pot. The architecture, shopping and historical tours are calling my name.
Your fun friends,
Susan and Farrar