Our top 10 favorite things right now -
1. Farrar's Pick: Hand Cream - The dry weather this time of year wreaks havoc on my poor hands, so I stash moisturizing creams everywhere. I'm currently loving the pomme poivre handcreme by love + toast that I picked up in the new beauty section at Market Street United. My other go-to is the French Fer A Cheval which is available locally at Gray is Grey. I love that both of these cream come in great metal tubes, too.
2. Susan's Pick: Everyone has their favorite LuLu pants for working out, but these crops are the bomb! Seamless - but more importantly they have a great design that flattens out your tummy. Sold! Bought mine locally at The DAC thanks to the recommendation from my workout buddy Kristin.
3. Farrar's Pick: The Wild Cupcake - Owner Nicole Costa is somewhat of a celebrity since she won Cupcake Wars on the Food Network last year, and she's about to open a shop right here in Amarillo! While she finishes construction on her downtown location (on 6th between Polk and Tyler), she is busy making her signature confections right from home. The perfect way to impress your guests at your next party.
4. Susan's Pick: Wella Hair Oil - just got this product from my hairdresser gu-ru Jenni Rea at Muze Salon and LOVE IT. Put it on before you dry your hair and it controls frizz and gives your hair a pretty shine. No comparison to any hair product I have every used: love love love.
Photo Courtesy of Marilyn Kircus
5. Farrar's Pick: I recently had the opportunity to hike up (and down) the new Rock Garden Trail in the Palo Duro Canyon State Park. The canyon is lovely this time of year, and this trail offers scenic views all the way up. 5 miles round trip and definitely not flat, so don't forget to bring some water and sunscreen. Find the trail-head is across from the Sunflower Day Use Area.
6. Susan's Pick: Greenburg Turkey - if you haven't had this Tyler, Texas gem's smoked turkey before, you are missing out on this perfectly prepared turkey! Easy ordering on line or over the phone. Simplify your holidays and order one for your gathering - I did!
7. Farrar's Pick: A friend of mine gave me a simple black tourmaline bracelet because of the powerful healing and protection it is thought to provide (learn more here). I'm not sure if it really works, but I've been wearing it because, hey, what's to lose?
8. Susan's Pick: I'm training for a triathlon in May. But what is a cyclist to do when it turns cold outside? Turn your road bike into a stationary bike with a trainer. I love mine, easy to set up and change gears to increase resistance. Bought mine locally at Sun Adventure Sports!
9. Farrar's Pick: When it's chilly outside, I love a warm cup of herbal tea, and I've discovered a new spot in town to get my fix. Tea2Go offers a wall of loose teas ready to be brewed up fresh for each customer. They have a huge variety, so there is something for everyone. Stop by their flagship location at 1-40 and Western (next to Orange Leaf) for a healthy, zero-calorie treat!
10. Susan's Pick: Rooster's! You probably know about this Puckett Plaza spot for breakfast and lunch, but did you realize that once a month Rooster's serves up dinner on the last Saturday of the month? Beautiful presentation and delicious food, and BYOB. Right now they are busy with catering for the holidays, but mark your calendar for the first of the year to enjoy this hidden spot for dinner.
Your fun friends,
Susan and Farrar