Our Top 10 things we love for October 2012:
1. Hot Girl Pearls - If you are "hot flashing, flushed, flustered, feverish, fuming, fried or flabbergasted," Hot Girl Pearls are is your fabulous, frosty fix. Over-sized pearls filled with non-toxic cooling gel - they are the first and only fashion accessory to cool you down!
2. Little Peds - A precious new shoe store in Wolflin Square for your little ones. From Stride Rite to Keens - they have everything you need. Bows and headbands, too!
3. Eleni's New York - There are no words to describe the yummy-ness of these nut-free, elegant sugar cookies from a precious bakery in the big apple. They ship anywhere and are so fresh and yummy! Look at this assortment just in time for fall. Our favorite part? The cute gift box they come in. We found this gem bakery thanks to a Funspired-ista! Thank you!
4. Designated Driver - A Funspired friend told us about a great new local service. If you're out and have a few too many cocktails, call Blake Taylor, an 18-year-old AC student at 806-670-5272. He'll show up with a friend and drive you home in your own car for just $25.
5. Groovy Pop - Amarillo's first gourmet popcorn spot. With 45 flavors to choose from like sea salt and cracked pepper, blue raspberry and white chocolate pretzel - you'll have to make a couple trips just to find your favorite!
6. Lip gloss perfect for those of us on-the-go: includes LED light and mirror for a smooth application wherever you are. And, we love the lip-plumping tingly-ness.
7. No More "To Go" - For just $7 a month, subscribe to this wonderful website that will email you healthy and kid-friendly menus for 5 days - complete with a grocery list so you can shop from your smart phone. Also, all recipes can be modified for vegetarian and gluten-free living!
8. Zombie Runs - Your kids may be excited for Amarillo Athlete's Zombie Dash this weekend, but if you want your turn, try you luck at a grown-up zombie run. In the Run For Your Lives race series, you'll attempt to complete a 5K obstacle course race while avoiding the zombies. Or better yet, sign up to be one of the zombies!
9. Have you ever been looking for fabric to use in your house locally and come up empty-handed? Solution - our friend Cole at Gray is Grey has a new fabric line by Lacefield Designs that we LOVE. Fun patterns and colors - and best part? Around $45 a yard!
10. Birchbox - The brilliant idea from two beautiful Harvard Business School grads... join Birchbox and for $10 a month, you will get hand-picked beauty and lifestyle samples of the hottest new products delivered to your door!
Your fun friends,
Susan and Farrar