Our top 10 things we're loving right now:
1. Susan's Pick: HOUSE OF CARDS!!! I am completely obsessed with the Netflix original series House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. This Emmy winning series is political drama at it's best. And the best part? There are 2 full seasons waiting for you and it is instant streaming to your device.
2. Farrar's Pick: Mudpuppy Puzzles - We got this mermaid puzzle for our 3-year-old daughter for Christmas, and she loved it so much, we ended up buying a few more. The colors are great, the pieces are sturdy and fit together well, and we all enjoy putting them together over and over. And they have puzzles for all ages.
3. Susan's Pick: Doorbot. This Wi-Fi connected video camera and doorbell allows you to see and speak to visitors at your door via your smart phone or tablet. The camera even has night vision - great for busting the ding dong ditchers!
4. Farrar's Pick: Manuka Honey - We learned about this extra-special honey at our fishing lodge during our recent trip to New Zealand. This honey has numerous healing benefits above and beyond regular honey, and the cool part was that they had beehives all over the property where we were staying. Click here to read more. You can buy the honey from LV Honey or this similar honey on Amazon.
5. Susan's Pick: My 8 year old daughter found out about these Sweaty Bands from a friend. We just ordered her a few on line and fell in love with them! They are fun, colorful headbands and stay in!
6. Farrar's Pick: PROJECT Trio - We got to see these guys play at Symphony Underground on Saturday night (great event btw) and they were awesome! So cool to have such amazing talent in town. Lots of great videos on youtube.
7. Susan's Pick: Next time you are in Big D, stop in Blue Print Dallas. Fantastic antiques, art and beautiful furnishings have been carefully selected by the interior decorators that own the shop.
8. Farrar's Pick: Kindle Paperwhite - I know lots of you probably still love books with pages, but there are so many advantages to digital books, and I'm a convert, especially with my new Kindle. The screen is black and white like a real book, the light is low so it doesn't keep you up at night (unless you've got a real page-turner), and it's just for reading (no games, texts, emails, web-browsing, like other tablet devices). You can load it up with hundreds of books, you can look up any word just by touching it, you can search within the book or jump to any location, and it even tells you how many minutes you have left in the chapter. Plus, it syncs with the Kindle app on your smart phone, so if you ever get stuck without your Kindle, you can just read on your phone! Oh and you have to get one of these great cases.
9. Susan's Pick: Silver Travertine. I love the lines in this stone and so I am attempting to recreate this sink basin that I found on Pinterest in our new powder bath. Hopefully mine will turn out as beautiful as this picture!
10. Farrar's Pick: J. McGlaughlin Tote Bag - I received one of these great tote bags for Christmas, and I just love it. It's lightweight, big enough for my laptop but not too big and bulky. Perfect for work, travel or even as a baby bag. It comes in so many great colors, too. I might just get another one...
Your fun friends,
Susan and Farrar