Fun things going on around the Panhandle this week:
SWON IS ON
The Swon Brothers (recently featured on NBC's The Voice) are coming to Amarillo for a performance this Saturday, November 16th at the Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts. The event which benefits St. Andrew's Episcopal School will begin with an opening performance by local musicians The Zak Wilkerson Band at 7pm followed by the main event at 8pm. Click here for concert info and tickets. But hurry up because tickets are selling out fast!
If you like good meat, you'll like this event! The Annual Hunt Dinner & Auction to benefit the Amarillo Botanical Gardens will take place this Saturday, November 16th 7-10pm at the home of Martha & Roy Jarnagin in the Wolflin neighborhood. Featuring live music by the Boxcar Bandits, a sporty auction, drinks and, of course, a delicious spread of beef tenderloin, dove, quail and other tasty cuisine. $50 per person. Contact Sara McNeer 806.206.2559 for more information.
* Also, mark your calendars for ABG's Christmas Garden of Lights coming November 30th-December 14th 6-8pm every evening. Free admission thanks to Xcel Energy.
OH CHRISTMAS TREE
The US Capitol Christmas Tree will be stopping in Amarillo on it's way from Washington State to Washington DC. View the 100-ft tall Englemann Spruce tree this Saturday, November 16th from 2-4pm at the Downtown Public Library. Plus, enjoy cookies, hot chocolate, live music by the Sweet Adelines, holiday activities and photos with Santa. This event is free and open to the public. More info here.
GET YOUR GIFTS
There are some wonderful holiday open houses coming up if you're ready to get your gift shopping underway:
* Wolflin Village - Holiday Open House - Today: November 14th 4-8pm - LOTS of great discounts, including 20% storewide at many places like Et Cetera, JBS, Grammercy Road, J Winston, Collections, and more!
* Get Fit will also be having a running safety event tonight in conjunction with the open house. Come dressed in your best "be seen" outfit and receive a prize. Discounts on reflective gear and tips for running in the dark. Check out this adorable video about "glowing" while you run.
* Gray is Grey - Christmas Open House - Today: November 14th 5:30-8pm - 20% off all Christmas Decor
* Wolflin Square - Holiday Open House - Next Thursday, November 21st - Christmas treats, Santa Claus and great deals on your favorite merchandise!
Enjoy a weekend of sweet music from the talented trio of hONEyhoUSe. First up is the Wine Down Dessert Wars tonight 7-10pm at Sunset Center (benfiting Haven Health Clinics). Then on Friday, they'll be playing a concert at Lubbock's Rockin' Box 33. Contact email@example.com or 806.441.9128 for tickets. Finally, they'll be back in Amarillo on Saturday for a special living room concert presented by HPPR Radio. Saturday, November 16th 7-9pm at Sunset Center. Contact Mike Fuller for reservations - firstname.lastname@example.org or 806.367.9088. $15 recommended donation.
There's more: A Contemporary Photography Talk at AMoA tonight at 7pm - Downtown Amarillo Inc.'s 2nd Annual Luncheon tomorrow at Noon - Discover After Dark's Groovology: The Science of the 70s at DHDC this Friday 7-10pm (for adults only) - Friends of Aeolian Skinner Opus 1024 presents the Minneapolis Guitar Quartet in concert at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church this Sunday at 7:30pm - Into the Woods musical at WTAMU this weekend and next - Fun events for all ages at the library!
Last but not least, you won't want to miss next week's Lunch and Learn event presented by the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health. The topic is Mind, Body & Spirit, and we'll hear from three local experts who will give tips on how to be your best self this holiday season. Next Wednesday, November 20th Noon-1pm at ANB's Plaza II. RSVP to email@example.com.
Your fun friends,
Susan and Farrar